Monday, January 26, 2009

Someone has a case of the Mondays...

You have all heard the statement in Office Space of having a case of the Mondays. And frankly, I just do not have it anymore. Sure, Monday means an end to the weekend and the realization that classes are again upon us (but it is not that bad right?) But this week has a lot to offer.

Wednesday night, LOST will again be on. If you are not a fan, I encourage you to watch... easily the best and most intriguing show on television. Last weeks premiere was nothing short of amazing.

Sunday, of course, there is the Super Bowl. I think Pittsburgh is going to win that (which kills me as a Bengals fan), but they are clearly the better team in my view. With the Super Bowl comes legendary Super Bowl ads. As a marketer, I have a whole new perspective on what kind of ads are run: whether the length of the ad, or the message being conveyed by the ad, I have a good idea of whether there was a successful ad campaign. My guess is there, as always, will be some notably good ads, but with the economy the way it is, I do not expect a whole lot of spending to go towards Super Bowl commercials.

Anyways, looking forward to the week ahead. I have a quiz in Creativity and Marketing tomorrow, and not a whole lot else going on. And it was too bad our Hoosiers just could not pull out the win against Minnesota this past Sunday... I am confident Crean will get us bback to prominence in the seasons to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment